|April 10, 2010|
|9:00 AM||to||3:00 PM|
As the days grow longer and warmer, the spring time adrenaline picks up and all of sudden life is springing forth in every direction. If you haven’t been out to the Bounty Farm in a while, you definitely need to come to this work party and see the bare fields since the cover crop came down. You will also want to check out the greenhouse filled with healthy vegetables, herbs and flowers eagerly awaiting to go into the fields. We are getting excited about the soil drying out and starting the transplanting frenzy that will follow for the next two months.
At this work party we will be doing a variety of spring activities including:
- Painting the fruit tree trunks white to protect them from sunburn
- Clearing more cover crop where the tractor couldn’t get to in the orchard and one of our lower fields
- Spreading compost
- Making and improving wood chip pathways
- Possibly turning some compost piles that have been overwintering
Of course we will be taking a break around the noon hour for lunch potluck style or just bring something for yourself.
What to bring:
- good food and/or drinks to share (we always have a yummy lunch together around noon)
- sturdy boots, strong gloves, sun screen and hat
As always, the menu includes some good hard work, getting dirty, and learning new skills, and working together to grow this great community farm. Please bring your friends and family of all ages.
Note: Bounty Farm Thursday Volunteer Days begin this week on April 8th. Come on out between 9-1 and get a sneak peak!
For more information or to RSVP, please call me at 775-3663 (ext 213), or email me at [email protected] I look forward to seeing you there!