Come be part of a fast-moving, dynamic team! This is a part-time, seasonal position perfect for someone that shares our passion for good food and healthy community. We will train the right candidate!
Click here for an electronic description or read below for a full description. Applications accepted on a rolling basis with the ideal candidate starting as soon as possible. Required hours include Tuesday afternoons and all day Thursday.
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Bilingual Engagement Assistant” in subject.
Bilingual Engagement and Sales Assistant
As a program of Petaluma People Services Center (PPSC), the Bounty Community Farm plays an important role in helping transform Petaluma’s food system by growing healthy food for our community, engaging community members, and improving food literacy of all people through volunteer opportunities, field trips, and experiential education.
The Bilingual Engagement and Sales Assistant position is a part-time, temporary position that will support the Bounty Sliding Scale Farm Stand, Farmacy, CSA Bounty Bags, as well as other engagement activities throughout the growing season. This is a new crucial role in linking low-income consumers as well as primary Spanish speakers with the programs of Petaluma Bounty. Due to the sales outlet schedule, Thursdays, from 10 am to 6 pm are required with a strong preference for Tuesdays; the rest of the schedule is up to the employee and team to negotiate. This position will work regularly with the Engagement and Education Coordinator, Farm Manager, and Program Coordinator, and will report to the Program Director.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Administer the sliding scale farm stand, Farmacy, and Bounty Bag programs at Petaluma Bounty Community Farm and Petaluma Health Center on Thursdays
- Represent Petaluma Bounty to customers and community through sales outlets and periodic community events
- Accurate and responsible management of cash register, including counting back change and settling the register and following sales administration protocols at the end of a shift
Skills and qualifications:
- Commitment to Petaluma Bounty’s and PPSC’s mission and goals
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Have a working knowledge of produce, including handling and storage.
- Experience with retail and/or food and agriculture is a plus
- Motivated, energetic, and flexible. Enjoy working with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work Thursdays, Tuesday evenings, and some Saturdays
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must be personable, enthusiastic, and engaging. Demonstrated experience and ability working with people of all ages from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Excellent record-keeping skills and proficient in Microsoft Office or Google Docs
- High School Diploma or GED required
Compensation: $14 per hour, approximately 10 to 15 hours per week for 24 weeks
PPSC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our strong belief that equal opportunity for all employees is central to the continuing success of our organization. We will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, physical disabilities or medical condition (i.e., AIDS or ARC-related or cancer) or any other category protected by Federal or State law in hiring, promoting, demoting, training, benefits, transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all employees based on qualifications and job requirements.