2017 Bounty CSA Bag Season: late MAY-NOVEMBER
Fill out the Application Form below and we will get in contact with you soon!
8 REASONS TO JOIN THE BOUNTY CSA BAG PROGRAM:
- Reduce the number of miles your food travels from farm to plate
- Participate in strengthening Petaluma’s food system
- Receive weekly farm updates and recipes
- Support Petaluma Bounty’s efforts to make healthy food available to all
- Have the opportunity to see where your food is grown and participate in the process!
- Fall in love with your food – notice the taste difference in farm-fresh, seasonal produce
- Support a farm that is growing soil, sequestering carbon and conserving water
- Receive the freshest produce every week
THE BOUNTY CSA BAG
The Bounty Bag program is a partnership between the local community and Petaluma Bounty. By joining our Bounty Bag program, you not only receive a weekly bag of our high- quality, fresh produce, but you are directly supporting our farm with a steady income that helps us grow healthy, delicious food for all.
HOW IT WORKS
Our harvest season runs 22 weeks, beginning in mid-May and lasting until the end of November (depending on the rains). A typical share feeds 2 to 4 people per week, depending on your cooking habits. Bags are available for pick-up weekly at the farm on Tuesdays. Payment is available through a variety of options including: CalFresh, WIC, cash, credit.
If you pay with CalFresh, the cost is $11 per box due to FINI funding that provides a dollar-for-dollar match. If you qualify as limited income (defined here as 200% FPL), you are eligible for the 30% reduced fee at $15.40 per box. If you’re not sure what price you qualify for, please click here for a handy flow chart! The full retail price is $22 per box. We ask people that are able to pay retail to consider making monthly payments or 2 payments per season. If you qualify for the reduced cost or CalFresh, we are happy to offer weekly payment options along with a one box deposit.
WHO IS THE BOUNTY BAG PROGRAM FOR?
Our community of course! We have a limited number of Bounty Bags available and first priority goes to low-income community members! But we often have a small number of retail level boxes available too! So if you’re looking for quality, sustainably grown produce, consider joining the Bounty Bag Program today by filling out the form below. If we don’t have Bounty Bags available, we’ll put you on a wait list or re-direct you to our farm stand or another amazing local CSA Program.
WHAT DO I GET?
Every week our members receive a box of 7–12 different vegetables, herbs, and fruit at their peak ripeness. Our orchard on the farm is bearing fruit and we also have strawberries and blueberries. Our downtown location and small scale operation make it possible for us to pick your produce at maximum ripeness and same-day freshness.You will also receive a weekly newsletter with recipes, nutrition information and a farm update.
Here is a preview of items available per season:
Salad Mix, Chard, Lettuce, Carrots, Cucumbers, Spring onions, Cilantro, Strawberries, Blueberries, Peaches, Plums, Kale, Snap Peas, Basil, Garlic.
Tomatoes, Peppers, Green Beans, Squash, Beets, Basil, Pears, Apples, Parsley, Lettuce, Specialty Greens, Kale, Chard, Salad Mix, Cucumbers, Sweet Onions, Winter Squash,
Bounty Community Farm is a 3-acre, educational farm located in the heart of Petaluma. As part of our mission to make healthy, fresh food available to all, we are growing 40 different kinds of delicious vegetables, herbs, and fruits.
We are an educational farm that is designed to be a model of ecological health. Our diversity in crops is our greatest strength against pest and disease problems and we maintain a soil preservation practice through compost additions, cover cropping and rotations.
Our mantra is that we grow healthy soil that feeds healthy plants that nourish healthy people. We never use synthetic fertilizers or pesticides, or materials not approved for Organic production.
NEXT STEPS FOR JOINING THE BOUNTY BAG PROGRAM:
If after reading all the above information, you are as excited to receive a Bounty Bag as we are to feed our community, please fill out the form below. As mentioned above, we have a limited number of bags available and first priority goes to low-income consumers. If you do not hear back from us within 3 days, feel free to email [email protected]
I CAN’T JOIN THE BOUNTY BAG PROGRAM BUT WANT TO SUPPORT WHAT YOU’RE DOING:
- Donate to the Sponsor-A-Bag Fund which funds the Limited Income price structure for Bounty Bags and our sliding scale farm stands!
- For more information on these initiatives, please click here.
- You can make donation through PayPal, or mailing a check to Petaluma Bounty (memo line Sponsor-A-Bag) at 1500 Petaluma Blvd South, Petaluma, CA 94952
- Spread the word! For more information about the Bounty Bag Program consider sharing this pamphlet! Or share this link with other who may be able to contribute to the Sponsor-A-Box Fund!
For more information on Petaluma Bounty’s work on Local Affordable Food Incentives, check out this blog that involves a crucial milestone and read more about the concept on our website.