CalFresh Market Tours represent a new collaboration between Farmers’ Market LIFE, Northern California Center for Well-Being, Sonoma County Dept. of Health Services, and participating farmers’ markets.
Please check our Facebook Page for more information for the events!
Stay tuned for more tours starting in July into the Fall.
Our goal for the CalFresh Awareness Month Health and Wellness Events is to make farmers’ markets more inviting and welcoming to all.
Activities for these special events include:
- Blood pressure screening
- Healthy food demos
- The chance to meet local community health partners
- Learning how to enroll in CalFresh
- Family Activities
- Enter or photo contest for a chance to win market bags, Petaluma Bounty t-shirts, market gift certificates by using the hashtag #frehestcalfreshsoco
- CalFresh users receive a free cookbook and recipe cards while supplies last
Objectives for the tours include:
- Familiarize people with how to use their EBT cards and incentives at markets
- Connect new customers with market staff and new farmers
- Increase awareness about resources and ideas for cooking and eating with the seasons
- Tips on making your market dollars go further