This post is part of Petaluma Bounty’s CalFresh Awareness Month Blog Series.
Pandemic EBT and Disaster Relief Assistance for Immigrants:
- CA Department of Social Services (CDSS) announced in late May they’ll be launching their new Pandemic EBT benefits, where families with children who are eligible for free or reduced meals at school will get up to $365 per eligible child during the summer to use on food and groceries. P-EBT operates like a debit card.
- Eligible, non CalFresh, Medi-Cal, CalWORKs, and Foster Care households must apply online before June 30.
- California also has a $75 million Disaster Relief Assistance to support people who are undocument and impacted by COVID-19. Comprehensive information on eligibility and application can be found via this here.
- Beginning Monday, 5/18/20, California Human Development will launch the program and accept phone calls (707-228-1338) to apply for a $500 or $1,000 debit card on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If debit cards are distributed in-person, CHD plans to begin Friday 5/22 or Saturday 5/23.
Local Resource: Family Resource Center, Petaluma Adult School