During these uncertain times when we’re all scrutinizing our supply chain, many people have opted to seek fresh produce directly from their local farmers through weekly box subscriptions (CSA) and farm stands. But this option isn’t available to many in our community due to the higher upfront costs of produce from small-scale local farms. For the past 12 years, Bounty has offered discounted prices for people on limited-incomes (for more information on our sliding scale farm stand and CSA, please click here). This year, we have partnered with Singing Frogs Farm, FEED Sonoma, and Sonoma Family Meal to expand the reach of our nutrition incentive program to their customers on CalFresh (previously known as food stamps).
We seek your donations to:
- Provide gap funding (April and May) for a 50% discount for CalFresh customers getting weekly CSA boxes from Singing Frogs Farm and FEED Sonoma
- Cover costs for safety equipment and time of Bounty staff in providing Petaluma’s only CSA accepting CalFresh
- Be leveraged to draw down state and federal funds to expand the program in June
- Provide a 30% discount at Bounty’s sliding scale farm stand and CSA for customers who identify as low-income
- Ensure farmers are able to sell their produce to a broader base of people in your community
Join Petaluma Bounty, Singing Frogs Farm, FEED Sonoma, and Sonoma Family Meal to ensure access to fresh, locally grown produce for community members on limited income. Together we are supporting our families, farmers, and local economy! Help us reach our $8,000 goal today!